Battling another cough or Colds and flu? Feeling tired all the time? so improve the immune system
You may feel better if you walk daily or do simple exercises several times a week to strengthen your immune system. And get rid of health problems.
One of the most important questions:
Does obesity reduce immunity?
Research has proven that there is a clear relationship with the increase in the percentage of triglycerides in the body due to the excessive consumption of unhealthy foods that leads to general inactivity in the body.
So, we can say the body’s immunity was weakened by not exercising.
The harmful obesity on the body as follows:
- General weakness in the physical activity of the body.
- General weakness in the muscular activity of the limbs.
- Fat accumulates in different parts of the body, and this affects physical activity.
- Accumulation of triglycerides on the liver and blood vessels.
- Weakness in job performance in vital body organs, such as the heart and liver, and this increases the chance of developing various diseases in the body.
A recent review published in the Journal of Sports and Health Sciences demonstrated the following points:
1- found that obesity and inactivity can lower the function of the immune system.
2-engaging in a healthy lifestyle can help improve the immune system’s surveillance activity (when immune cells are in the bloodstream looking for infection)
3-reduce mortality rates from respiratory illnesses.
How exercise improves the function of the immune system? Why exercise?
The benefits of physical activity can be summarized and limited to the following points:
- Each time you exercise, the activity increases the exchange of important white blood cells between peripheral tissues—which help with the body’s immune response—and the circulation (blood and lymph vessels). This increases the activity of immune cells.
- Exercises help with optimal metabolism, the body gets all vitamins, salts, and proteins, and a strong immune system Consideration must be given to the full coordination between exercise, food, and type of food to get the maximum benefit.
- Exercise helps reduce the chances of heart disease. And this is through the permanent and regular activity of the circulatory system and the heart muscle, which prevents it from slouching and weakness resulting from blockage of the main arteries in the body.
- Maintains the health and strength of your bones by preserving the muscle mass of the limbs and thereby protecting and strengthening the bones.
Nieman’s 2019 review
Because exercise increases blood flow and lymph as your muscles contract, this causes the following effects on the human body:
- increases the circulation of immune cells.
- making them roam the body at a higher rate and higher numbers, says Nieman. Specifically, exercise helps to recruit highly specialized immune cells—such as natural killer cells and T cells—find pathogens (like viruses) and wipe them out. participants who took a 45-minute brisk walk experienced this uptick of immune cells floating around the body for up to three hours after the walk, Nieman explains.
- Burning the accumulated fat on the heart muscle and the liver, and then keeping it intact, and this leads to its full duties to maintain the balance of the body and the resurrection of all job performance.
Another study by Neiman and his team – this study was published in 2011 in the British Journal of Sports Medicine –
1- Exercise for a group of individuals of all ages for five days or more, they showed satisfactory results in improving respiratory function,
2- exercising aerobic exercise, for five days or more a week over a 12-week reduced the number of upper respiratory infections (such as the common cold) period by more than 40%.
3-study in 2004 in the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, links decreased levels of inflammatory markers to those that exercise more often and have higher fitness levels.
Exercise: Good or bad for immunity?
Excessive training leads to chronic fatigue and this leads to decreased performance of the vital organs in the body and appears in mood disorders, which affects the immune system in the body and leads to an increased risk of respiratory infections. so,
Be aware of excessive activity
moderation in exercising, which should take into account the following:
1- The more a person’s age, the more moderate the sport, taking into account maintaining the joints of the body and not tightening muscle ligaments significantly.
2- Progress in athletic and muscular performance is gradual and regular taking into consideration the chronic diseases that exist in some people, especially the elderly, such as heart diseases, pressure diseases, and diabetes.
3- Leave a full day to rest and not to do any muscle activity and just enjoy nature outside
keep working out consistently.
4- To achieve the maximum benefit, it is necessary to continue permanently and morbidly in the practice of sport through diversity and innovation in sporting activities, and for this, we recommend simple and outdoor activities.
Exercise benefits for the body and how to strengthen the body’s immunity
The previous article can be summarized in the following points:
1-Physical activity may help flush bacteria out of the lungs and airways.
2-This may reduce your chance of getting a cold, flu, or other illness.
3- Exercise causes a change in antibodies and white blood cells (WBC). WBCs are the body’s immune system cells that fight disease.
4- The brief rise in body temperature during and right after exercise may prevent bacteria from growing. This temperature rise may help the body fight infection better. (This is similar to what happens when you have a fever.)
5- Exercise slows down the release of stress hormones. Some stress increases the chance of illness. Lower stress hormones may protect against illness.
6- Exercise is good for you, but, you should not overdo it.
Studies have shown that people who follow a moderately energetic lifestyle, benefit most from starting (and sticking to) an exercise program.
A moderate program and regular exercise programs must have the following conditions
1- Suitable for a person, his age, and his physical ability.
2- Take into account the chronic diseases that may exist in the body.
3- Ensuring a gradual weight loss to take into account the various vital functions of the body.
What’s the best type of exercise to boost your immunity?
- looked at the aerobic activity.
- Bicycling with your children a few times a week.
- Taking daily 20 to 30 minutes walks.
- Going to the gym every other day.
- Playing golf regularly.